Carmen's Crock Pot Chili

1:41 AM 0 Comments

There's something everyone loves about a good chili recipe. I can't think of a better way to prepare chili than cooking in a crock pot.

1 to 2 pounds of ground meat
1(14 oz) can tomatoes
1 (32 oz) can of chili beans
Water
Seasoning mix

For ground meat: I have used beef, pork, deer. Anything will work and will come out tasting like chili. Or don't use meat and increase beans and tomatoes.

For tomatoes: I use organic, canned, whatever I can get. I don't like chunky tomatoes so I puree them before I add them. But anything you like will do.

For beans: I just found Muir organic chili beans which are very good. I use a large can, or two small cans. Any chili beans will do.

Seasoning mix: I use Carroll Shelby's Original Texas Brand Chili Kit. It comes in a little brown paper bag in the seasoning isle. It is really just a lot of chili powder, about 1/2 cup. Plus some salt, some corn flour to thicken the chili, and some cayenne pepper.

Brown the meat, put in crock pot. Put tomatoes, beans, and seasoning in crock pot. Add water to cover the top, or more if you like it a little more soupy. Cook on low for 4-6 hours, or high for 2-3. I sometimes let this recipe go for 8-12 hours depending on when I get home. It doesn't hurt it, and I think the flavors mix together more the longer you cook it.

Enjoy this crock pot chili.

Admin

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments: